Copyright 2013 - 2017. Created by JWN.
To promote personal growth and leadership development through Family and Consumer Sciences education. Focusing on the multiple roles of family member, wage earner and community leader, members develop skills for life through: character development, creative and critical thinking, interpersonal communication, practical knowledge, and career preparation.
- to provide opportunities for personal development and preparation for adult life
- to strengthen the function of the family as a basic unit of society
- to encourage democracy through cooperative action in the home and community
- to encourage individual and group involvement in helping achieve global cooperation and harmony
- to promote greater understanding between youth and adults
- to provide opportunities for making decisions and for assuming responsibilities.
- to prepare for the multiple roles of men and women in today's society
- to promote Family and Consumer Sciences and related occupations
Learn more about FCCLA here.
FCCLA stands for Family, Community, and Career Leaders of America. As our current State President, Asma Rahimyar, says “FCCLA is a club for difference makers”. We encourage our members to become leaders and difference makers through community service and fundraising opportunities, and through workshops created by our state officers at our bi-annual fall and spring conferences. To share our chapter experiences, we will pass around “FCCLA Frankie”, which is a version of a “Flat Stanley” doll that will be sent to each Connecticut chapter, so they can add on any photos, ideas, or events.
Our goals as a state are to connect the state offices of Connecticut and to increase membership in all of our Connecticut chapters in order to inspire and empower them just as many members and officers were throughout their FCCLA experience. We believe that anyone has the potential to be a leader, and we want to strengthen that potential--so that when they leave high school, they are able to spark inspiration in others, and make impactful differences.