Copyright 2013 - 2017. Created by JWN.
CT FCCLA Scholarship
- high school senior pursuing a degree in FCS education or related field
- Application must be postmarked by March 1, 2013. All parts of application must be mailed in one packet.
- Decision of the judges is final.
- The scholarship for this year is $500. This is payable to the student following the successful completion of his or her first semester with the understanding they will continue in the major.
Weight of criteria - each application will be evaluated and scored up to these limits:
- Activities related to FCS and FCCLA – 40 %
- Proposed major – 25% for FCS education; 15% for related majors
Your application needs to be typed or computer generated, and includes the following:
- Application form signed by student, parent, and guidance counselor. All requested information is to be on the application. The only exception is the essay.
- Letter of recommendation from chapter advisor or school administrator
- Transcript of grades- official or unofficial
- Some evidence that student plans to major in a field related to FCS (any related area is acceptable, although extra points will be given to a student majoring in FCS Education)
- Essay of up to 500 words: What I have learned as a member of CT FCCLA.
Applications should be mailed to:
Belle Garafola Pomperaug High School 234 Judd Rd Southbury, CT 06488 email@example.com
- Click here for the FCCLA National Scholarships
- Click here for the AAFCS (American Association of Family and Consumer Sciences) Scholarship
- Click here for the Culinary Institute of America Scholarship